Catholic School Parents Australia (CSPA) is the peak body representing the state and territory based associations of Catholic school parents of over 750,000 children in Australian Catholic schools.
The objects of CSPA are to:
- Promote and support the Church’s mission in Catholic schools in Australia;
- Support and further the quality of education in Catholic Schools in Australia;
- Ensure the rights of parents to choose Catholic schools and promote and protect the interests of children in Catholic schools;
- Ensure all children receive an equitable share of public money to support a high quality education;
- Provide leadership and support to State and Territory Catholic Education Commissions, parent bodies and other government and non-government organisations around engaging parents, families and communities in education;
- Collaborate closely with the BCCE and national Catholic education authorities to promote the principles of Catholic education;
- Provide a voice for Catholic school parents with Catholic and other agencies including government instrumentalities to help shape national policy as it relates to Catholic schools and their families and communities; and
- Be a resource and provide a national forum for State and Territory Catholic school parent member bodies.